- The sale of housing through (right to buy) RTB and not replacing it has reduced available housing stock. There are not enough social houses available.
- Fully support national Labour Party (LP) policy of house building programme.
- End RTB for new build properties.
- Build properties for BDC, not for PRP.
- Ensure house building is also for elderly and disabled people.
- BDC should consider using this to commence its own house building schemes.
Since 30 Oct 18 the cap on local authority borrowing has been lifted – what is BDC planning on doing with that?
- Lack of regulation/accountability of PRPs within BDC to ensure that the standard of their accommodation is suitable, and that they are acting appropriately as landlords
As BDC has sold all its stock to PRP what control and influence does BDC have on PRP to regulate them? Can/does BDC sit on PRP panels?
- Have a tenant structure that informs BDC who then communicate with PRP on behalf of the tenants.
- Introduce some accountability between BDC and PRP.
- Given tenants a voice on how the PRP operates – eg have incentive schemes with the PRP local office to have active tenant’s associations.
- Run a survey of tenants looking at tenant satisfaction with the way that are treated: a league table of good and bad landlords (could be done by YouGov poll)
- Ensure that there is a Council Officer who oversees the quality of the PRP stock.
- Renationalise all the housing stock!