- The average house price is many times higher than the average salary.
- Houses being built do not match the need of the district.
- ‘Affordable’ is being calculated according to the incorrect criteria, and needs to be connected to average salary, not average house price.
- Viability loophole of the builders’ means only 28% of developments are being built.
- Require higher % of properties in a new build development to be genuinely affordable.
- Be robust in challenging claims about the ‘viability’ loop hole.
- Build affordable housing in developments with other properties but:
- Make them all look the same so that you can’t tell the poorer end of the development from the other
- Build fewer luxury homes
- Build homes for the many, not the few!
- Build for the disabled and elderly